11 Oct Are There Different Types of Glass Used for Windows?
Windows play an indispensable role in our homes, not just as openings to the outside world, but also in determining energy efficiency, security, and even aesthetic appeal! One often overlooked component that plays a critical role in a window’s functionality is the type of glass used.
With technological advancements and growing environmental awareness, the humble window pane has evolved significantly. Here, we’ll delve into the diverse world of window glasses, uncovering the range of types available and their unique properties!
The Spectrum of Window Glass
The window glass landscape has witnessed significant advancements over the years, offering homeowners a plethora of choices to suit their specific needs and preferences. Whether your priority is energy efficiency, safety, aesthetics, or a combination of these factors, there’s a glass type tailored for you!
Below are just a few of the most popular choices:
- Single Pane Glass:
- Traditionally used in older homes. Offers basic protection and insulation but is not as energy-efficient as newer options.
- Double Pane Glass:
- Consists of two sheets of glass with a space in between, typically filled with an insulating gas like argon. Enhances energy efficiency by reducing heat transfer.
- Triple Pane Glass:
- Features three sheets of glass with insulating spaces in between. Offers superior energy efficiency and sound insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) Glass:
- Treated with a microscopic metallic coating to reflect infrared light. Helps keep homes warm in the winter and cool in the summer by reducing heat transfer.
- Tinted Glass:
- Incorporated with added color or tint to reduce glare and heat from sunlight. Offers added privacy and can reduce UV rays.
Renewal by Andersen® goes beyond just offering diverse glass options. We introduce innovation with our exclusive Fibrex® material — a composite that combines the strength and stability of wood with the low-maintenance features of vinyl!
When paired with the right type of glass, Fibrex® window frames offer unparalleled durability, insulation, and aesthetic appeal, ensuring Florida homeowners receive the best in window solutions!
We also boast our High Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass, which is 70% more energy efficient in summer and 45% more energy efficient in winter as compared to ordinary dual panel glass.
The Clear Choice For Better Windows
If your home is in need of window upgrades, choose Renewal! From our top-tier selection of specialty windows to our seamless professional installation process, the choice is clear!
Our team’s dedication to quality, combined with deep local knowledge, ensures that you’re not just getting a window, but a product produced with a high-standard of craftsmanship.
Want to learn more about which windows are right for you? Then it’s time to contact Renewal by Andersen®! Call our team today at 855-830-2420 to get started on your journey to a better window. We’re also proud to offer financing options. Call for details, restrictions apply.